We love this simple wire-wrap bead design as it really shows off the beauty of the sparkling corundum 'sapphire' faceted rondelle beads.By using our gold filled earwires and 9ct gold plated wire to transform these beads into gorgeous dangly eardrops.
1.Corundum Sapphire Faceted Rondelle Beads, Loose beads
Quantity: 12 pieces
This is corundum which has been dyed a beautiful sapphire blue colour. Gold findings will really compliment the colour; try combining them with our turquoise or pyrite beads.
2. 9ct Gold Plated Wire, 0.4mm (approx 15m pack)
This 9ct gold plated wire with a copper core is fantastic quality with a high level of plating.Using it to wire wrap beads, make jewellery components and so much more!CE certificated nickel free
3.Gold Filled Shepherds Crook Earwires with Ball (Pair)
Quantity: 1 pair
These gold filled (also known as rolled gold) earwires are a popular earwire for hanging your own designs from and a lovely quality.It is approximately 15mm from the top to the bottom of the loop.A classic and simple earwire with ball detail.Open loop at the bottom which you simply twist open to add your design on.You can make some really striking designs using our chandelier components and gemstone beads!
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
1. Use side cutters to cut approx 8cm of wire.
2. Use round nose pliers to form a loop in the wire and wrap around to secure at one end.
3. Thread 3 of the beads onto the wire.
4. Bend the wire back onto itself so the 3 beads are next to each other and not loose. At the top of the last bead, finish off by neatly wire wrapping over the wire already wrapped at the base of the loop until the design feels secure.
5. Cut off any excess wire and tuck in any ends using snipe nose pliers.
6. Repeat this process using 2 beads for the second hanging drop and 1 bead for the third hanging drop.
6. Attach the 3 loop droplets to the earwire.
7. Repeat these steps for the other earring.
SUGGESTED TOOLS FOR THIS PROJECT
Round nose pliers
Snipe nose pliers or flat nose pliers